Hi everyone! Do you get tired of breaking your back trying to wash your furbaby? Well, I am here today to help remedy that problem for you.
Have you been “Looking for a Dog Washing Station for Your Home?” Have you ever thought about that?
Today I am going to help you decide which one of the dog washing stations would best suit you and your pups needs. By the way, if you are a cat owner you can bath them in it too!
In today’s post I will be covering the following:
- Portable Tubs
- Enclosed Tubs
- Stationary Tubs
- How to Pick the Right Tub
- Key Features to Consider When Shopping for a Bathtub
- Stainless Steel or Plastic Dog Washing Station?
- The Benefits of You Washing and Grooming Your Pet(s)
Or as I like to call them “Free Standing Tubs.” These products come in all different shapes, sizes, colors, and prices. You can either use them indoors or outdoors.
My top 3 picks are:
- Flying Pig Pet Washing Portable Bathtub- This washing station is the perfect size for small to medium-sized pets and the basin is made with heavy-duty plastic. The legs are made out of stainless steel. The tub is easy to access and simple to use. Put your furbaby in this tub and you can have them washed in less than an hour. Plus the entryway is 360-degree access that allows you to reach your pet from any angle.
- Standing Boat Elevated Folding Pet Bathtub- This washing station is also made for small to medium-sized pets. The basin is made out of marine grade PVC which makes cleaning up a breeze after you bath your furbaby. The durable material is resistant to claws. The legs are made of stainless aluminum tubing which is lightweight and easy to carry and handle. But this product can hold more than 150 pounds and that’s including the water. Folds and unfolds with one hand. You have 360-degree access for easy access to your pet.
- Booster Bath Elevated Pet Bathtub- This bathtub comes in sizes for Medium, Large, and X-Large pets. This product comes in 2 pieces that are made to snap together quickly. It also has a 3-point restraint system with a quick snap collar that is removable. Drain hose allows for quick drainage in the direction you wish. The weight capacity is 125 pounds max and 360-degree access to your furbaby making bath time easy and quick.
FYI: With the Booster bathtub, the X-Large tub comes with the steps. I believe the other 2 sizes the steps are sold separately.
These are exactly what they say they are, enclosed and are actually a pet spa that comes with or without a splash guard.
Here are my top 2 picks:
- Pet Wash Enclosure w/Removable Shelf- Get ready to pamper your pooch. This product is a pet spa and is made with durable composite material. It will hook up to any faucet in your house. This tub has 6 mist jets for total soaking, shower wand that is equipped with on and off controls. Both the jets and shower wand can be used at the same time. This is for small to medium dogs. It comes with safety restraints.
- Pet Wash Enclosure w/Splash Guard- Pamper your pooch with this pet spa. It is made with durable composite material. It will hook up to any faucet in your house. This tub has 6 mist jets for total soaking, shower wand that is equipped with on and off controls. Both the jets and shower wand can be used at the same time and this one comes with a splash guard. This is for small to medium dogs. It comes with safety restraints and it also has wheels.
Now, these are probably not considered stationary as you can move them, but I consider them to be because they are rather large and would be difficult to move in my opinion. These are going to be a bit more pricey.
My top 3 picks:
- Flying Pig Grooming Stainless Steel Bathtub- This product is built with rust-resistant stainless steel that is sure to last you for years. It has a right-sided drain that is compatible with any plumbing configuration. It comes with a faucet with a hose, sprayer with a hose, shampoo rack, restraint eyelets, and a green rubber mat to keep your pet from slipping. With this product, you have everything at your fingertips to get your pup clean in less than an hour. Used for grooming of small pets. Weight capacity of 190 pounds.
- CO-Z 50 Inch Professional Stainless Steel Bathtub- This product is made with durable stainless steel and has a weight capacity of 260 pounds. Which means this could actually accommodate 2 medium-sized dogs with no problem. It has an S-shaped drain pipe that can isolate unpleasant odors from sneaking up from the drain. This is a complete combo set that comes with steps for your pet to easily walk in and out of the tub. It also comes with a cold and hot water hose, sprayer with a hose, and an overhead grooming arm. It comes with a drain kit and a hair trap as well. Plus other great features.
- PawBest Stainless Steel Dog Grooming Bathtub- Made with 16-gauge 304 types of stainless steel. The tub basin and base frame are fully welded for solid stability and to prevent unwanted leaks. Comes with a ramp so your pooch can walk directly into the tub. Comes with a 6″ faucet/sprayer, and a hair trap. This product is compatible with a wall-mounted faucet that is 4″, 6″, and 8″. This product can be used for home as well as commercial use. It has a rubber matt to keep your furbaby from slipping.
Are you enjoying my post on “Looking for a Dog Washing Station for Your Home?”
Things to Consider When Choosing the Right Dog Washing Station
Make sure you consider the price range and check and make sure the tub has all the features that you need and are practical to groom your pet or if it has some features that will just be wasting your time and money.
Make sure that you understand all the features the tub has to offer and if you will really benefit from them.
Consider the size of the tub. It should be sturdy enough and wide enough to handle the weight of your heaviest dog including the water. If not this could potentially end up collapsing the tub and causing injuries to you and your furbaby.
You want the tub to be a comfortable fit so that your pooch won’t feel cramped and uncomfortable. If they are comfortable both you and Fido will enjoy bathing time much better.
Key Features to Consider When Shopping for a Dog Washing Station:
- Bathing Restraints– A good doggie bathtub should offer or have these restraints to keep your furbaby from jumping out of the tub. This is a 3-Point restraint system that connects to a short leash by way of a quick snap collar that’s easy to put on and take off.
- Drain Plugs- Most of these have a drainage system that allows for quick draining of the water, but make sure it comes with a drain screen that fits on the plug to catch your pet’s hair.
- Storage Rack- Check and make sure the tub comes with a storage rack so that you can have the shampoo, conditioners, and brushes at your fingertips for easy access.
- Handheld Showerheads- You most definitely want one of these! It makes it so much more easy to wet and rinse your pet’s hair thus making bath time much easier and faster. Most of these will either hook up to a garden hose or some will also hook up to your faucets in the house.
- Ramps or Steps- The tubs usually come with a ramp or steps so your pet can easily get in the tub. But, if you have a smaller animal it may be just as easy and more cost-effective to pick them up and place them in the tub. For larger pets, it would be easier on your back to opt for the ramp or steps. Note: Some of the tubs come with a combo deal that includes the ramp or steps. So, make sure you see if this is included in the purchase price.
Stainless Steel or Plastic Dog Washing Station?
Let’s face it, there are so many grooming stations/bathtubs out on the market today, I bet by now you are asking yourself, “How in the world am I supposed to decide which one is best for me and my furbaby?
I am so glad you asked that question because I am about to help you figure that one out as well.😊
The stainless steel grooming tubs are usually best suited for professional groomers, however, some pet owners find them more user-friendly and practical.
These are the ones I consider to be more stationary as opposed to the portable ones because they can be put in a basement, a laundry room if it’s big enough or a building if you prefer and it can be hooked up to a water source.
The stainless steel tubs also are equipped with cabinets above the bathtub making it a great place to store your grooming supplies for easy access.
Now the plastic ones are a more portable and friendly bathtub that allows you a convenient way to bathe your pet at home, either inside or outside.
They are also lightweight and easy to carry, assemble and take back down which may take you a little longer to handle the task at hand.
The plastic ones are less expensive than stainless steel, but which one will accommodate you and your fur baby the most and save you time? So, as you can see the possibilities are endless.
It just depends on your budget and what features you are really looking for in your pet’s washing station.
The Benefits of You Washing and Grooming Your Pet(s)
This is one of the key things to being a pet parent, washing and grooming your furbaby.
You need to do this at least once a week to keep their fur clean of dirt and debris that might make their hair look dull, unhealthy, and cause them to have itchy red skin.
Not to mention it is important for the health and well being of your furbaby. Plus who wants a dirty pet stinking up the house? Not me! And I assure you your pet will thank you in the long run.
I promise you, your fur baby will enjoy the bonding time they have with you and it helps to relax them and get rid of loose hair, dirt, and help their itchy skin as well.
This makes for a happy and healthy pet that is a big part of your family.
NOTE: In the wintertime, I bathe my furbaby once every other week to keep from drying out his skin.
Donna’s Final Thoughts
So, why should you be “Looking for a Dog Washing Station for Your Home?”
- It will help save you a lot of money from paying a groomer in the long run
- It will also save time so that you can be doing other things
- Gives you bonding time with your furbaby and keeps them happy and healthy
- You can do it on your time and not someone else’s
- Should you have an older pet to groom, it will keep them from being stressed out going to a groomer
- You know that your equipment is clean
- Plus and elevated dog washing station will help to protect your back, knees, arms, and shoulders (a great health benefit for you!)
Just make sure that you do your due diligence and check out the bathtubs height, length, width, and weight capacity including the water. Don’t forget to check the key features of the tub to see which ones will benefit both you and your furbaby.
I hope you enjoyed my post and if you ever have any questions or concerns just email me email@example.com and I will get back to you within 24 hours or the next business day.
Before you go don’t forget to Like, Share, and Follow me for more great posts like this one.
Enjoyed this post? Then check out my website for more great posts like this one! Go to https://hotdogharnessesandleashes.com
Thanks for stopping by and taking the timeout of your busy day to read my posts.😊
Have a fabulous weekend,