Hi, pet lovers! Now that summer is upon us, I thought it would be a good idea to check out some first aid kits for your pets. My question to you is “Do You Know What You Need in a Pet First Aid Kit?”
This is a very crucial subject that I feel is very important. When you are on vacation with your furbaby or even if you are at home, you never know what can happen and you need to be prepared.
Would you know what to do if something happened to your pet and do you have a first aid kit ready in case you ever need it? My guess is that most of you don’t. No worries because I am going to give you all of the relevant information that you need.
But, depending on the nature of the injury you may also need to get your pet to your Veterinarian ASAP! So please don’t use first aid as a means of avoiding the pets trip to the doctor!
First aid treatment may be necessary and helpful before you can get your furbaby to their Veterinarian. Now you can make your own first aid kit or you may purchase them with everything you will need to help out your 4 legged companions should the need ever arise.
In the next section, I will give you the items that you will need in your pets first aid kit.
DIY Pet Medical Kit
- Bandage Scissors-have a blunted blade that fits easily between the bandage and skin so you won’t cut the patient’s skin.
- 2 gauze rolls 2.3” x 13″-wrapping wounds.
- 3 gauze pads 3” x 3” –to wrap or clean wounds.
- Tweezers-for removing foreign materials from wounds.
- Telfa Pads-great for banding a wound (non-stick kind)
- Tape-the 1″ white medical is the best. Easy to tear and holds up well.
- 4 alcohol-free wipes-for cleaning small wounds.
- Ear Wash-Vet recommended.
- Vet Wrap-to help hold Telfa pads or gauze pads.
- 1-2 Pair of Sanitary Gloves-to use in bloody situations for you and your pet’s protection.
- 1 Tick Remover-for the removal of ticks
- Antibiotic Ointment-general purpose OTC antibiotic ointment for minor wounds and abrasions.
- 1 Instant Cold Pack/1Instant Hot Pack-to warm a hypothermic animal or cool down the skin and help with swelling.
- 1 Pet Emergency Blanket-a way to keep the pet warm or to help transport the injured animal.
- 1 Rectal Thermometer-normal temp for dogs/puppies: 101-102.5 F and for cats/kittens: 99.5-102.5 F.
- Benadryl-for allergic reactions like bee stings (check with your vet for accurate dosages.
- Large Syringe-used to flush out wounds.
- 1 Large Bottle of Saline Solution-for washing out wounds.
- Ky Jelly-for lubricating the rectal thermometer.
- Pain Medication Prescribed by Your Vet-Very important that you get an as needed NSAID from your vet. Human NSAIDs like Tylenol can be fatal to your pets!
As you can see this is quite a list of things to have to purchase individually and can be very costly! So, my suggestion to you would be to purchase a kit that as all or most of these items already in it.
In the next section, I will be showing you kits that already come with most if not all of the above items.
Pre Made First Aid Kits for Pets (In no particular order)
iCare-Pet Pet First Aid Kit- This kit contains all sizes gauze pads, alcohol cotton, scissors, Veterinary Otoscope to check for ear mites, and a digital thermometer to check your pets temp. These are just a few of the things in this pet First Aid Kit. For more information on this kit click on the image below.
Adventure Medical Kits Adventure Dog Series Me & My Dog- Now this is a pretty awesome kit because it has supplies for both human and animal, so there is no need to purchase 2 separate kits! This kit weighs 1.47 pounds packed with everything you and your pooch needs where ever you may roam this summer. For more options check it out below…
First Voice PET02 Deluxe Pet First Aid Kit- This is a 66 piece basic first aid kit for your dogs and cats for the treatment of scratches, abrasions, cuts, insect bites and even traumatic bleeding and much more. For content, information click on the pic below.
RC Pet Products Pet First Aid Kit- The kit comes with instructions and plenty of supplies to stabilize your pet before you transport your pet to the Veterinarian.
M.I. Pet’s – 76 Piece Pet First Aid Kit- A great kit with 76 pieces of first aid supplies to help aid your pet should they become injured. This kit is also suitable for adults and children too!
Rayco International Ltd Pet First Aid Kit- This awesome little kit has everything that you need to help your furbabies should they injure themselves. The kit also comes with an LED collar that flashes and has a place to write their name should your pet get lost.
FYI: PLEASE CHECK THE WARNINGS ON THE ABOVE KITS FOR CHOCKING HAZARDS! NOT FOR CHILDREN UNDER 3 YEARS OF AGE!!
Donna’s Final Thoughts
Now, after reading my Newsletter, can you comfortably answer the question “Do You Know What You Need in a Pet First Aid Kit?” I sure hope so!
I hope that you all realize how important it is to have a first aid kit handy for your pets because you never know when the little rascals are going to injure themselves or perhaps become injured by another animal.
Most of these first aid kits are also suitable for humans as well which gives you a 2 for one deal when you think about it. Good concept don’t you think?
So, before you go on vacation or even while you are at home go ahead and invest in one of these first aid kits for the safety and health of your furbabies. One day you may be glad that you did!
It would be more beneficial and less costly for you to buy a kit already prepared and ready to go as opposed to buying all the necessary supplies that you would need to have in your DIY kit. But of course, this is entirely up to you.
To see more options on first aid kits for your pets <<Go Here>>
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to read my Newsletter. I hope that you enjoyed this informative and educational material that I put together for you.
Don’t forget to Like, Share, and Follow me for more educational and informative posts like this one! If you should have any questions or concerns regarding this post or any of my other’s, you may reach out to me at email@example.com
Would you like to read more posts like this one? Check them out here https://hotdogharnessesandleashes.com
Wishing you a safe, healthy, and happy summer,
P.S. Want to find the Best Life Jackets for Your Pooch? Check Out My Review by going here http://bit.ly/2Wp8d6h